At Athletes Movers we understand that moving can be a stressful event. Our experienced professional moving crews are trained and instructed to handle every move in a fast, safe, and efficient manner.
Here are some general moving tips that will help you in preparation before your move:
- Start shopping and book your move in advance.
- Buy packing materials from a company with a buy back policy in case you don't use all of them.
- Use smaller boxes for heavy items and larger boxes for bulky or light items.
- Don't use boxes without lids.
- Use wardrobe boxes when packing your clothing and shoes.
- Pack clothing kept in furniture drawers inside bags or suitcases.
- Don't leave fragile or heavy items in your furniture drawers.
- If you need to disassemble furniture keep screws and parts in marked bags.
- Pack a separate box for immediate necessities and take it with you.
- Pack important documents separately so you can access them if needed.
- Don't use boxes from supermarkets they might not be strong enough or could contain pests.
- Clearly label all the boxes with brief descriptions of what is inside.
- Mark the fragile boxes clearly on each side.
- Tape the boxes instead of interlocking the lid.
- Set up transfers for your utilities about a week before you move.
- Notify the post office of your new address at least 5 days before your move.
- Notify your neighbors of your move and take time to say goodbye to them.
- Confirm your move with us and make any special arrangements if needed.
Please contact us at 1-855-5MY-MOVE and we will be happy to answer any questions that you may have as well as tailor a moving solution that best fits your needs and budget.